Monday, April 13, 2009

LORD, HERE COMES THE HOOD by Yeti Voom

When the HOOD calls
You have no home, you have no walls
In the thunder crash
You're a thousand minds, within a flash
Don't be afraid to cry at what you see
The actors gone, there's only you and me.

Lord, here comes the HOOD
We'll say goodbye to flesh and blood
If again the seas are silent
in any still alive
It'll be those who gave their island to survive
Drink up, dreamers, you're running dry.

Peter Gabriel made a song about our hoods… cool huh?

---------------------------------------------------
Jeela wanted to make hoods for Boingo in our leather style and was looking for a sculptor to make it for us. We wanted a really good one that kept the same quality as Jeela’s creations so she sent her sketches to a few ppl and we were hoping for someone to help us out.



We didn’t speak about them for a while and one day she said… “I found the sculptor for the hoods, JanderSunStar Vendetta and Kallisti Burns at Discord Designs are going to make the hair to go with it”. I was thrilled and wanted to see them as soon as they were done.





I liked them the second I saw them! Yeti has rather large breasts so to fit the hair I had to move the hood forward and then I saw the edge of the hood. Jeela said she had a little something for that and told me to wait ‘til they were finished. So we discussed textures instead and Jeela had an idea about blending the midnight and the burnt textures on the hoods. I thought she was joking at first but the more she spoke about it I realized she wasn’t. I don’t think they match and in my eyes that looked… not so good. Jeela was sad and mumbled about how much she worked so they would fit together. I told her to do both so ppl could choose. “That would be an awful bunch of vendors in the stores”, Jeela said and so the hoods were only made in one texture each.

I have tried to get used to it and in this blog I am mixing them. I am glad to be proven wrong so if you find it irresistible I’m sure Jeela will make a special hood just for you!



Kallisti made 5 great different hair styles in so many different colours. If you click on the hood you will get a menu for resizing and textures for the hair. I also know that you can buy these hair styles at Discord Design if you want to wear them without the hood.
http://discorddesigns.blogspot.com/2009/03/revolution-has-not-been-televised.html






Here’s a picture of all the colours.

I think our store should have the look of many different faces and styles on the vendors. When Jeela makes a vendor it’s easier for her to use her own avatar just as it is for me when I take the photos for this blog. But we want the store to look alive so after a meeting when she did the Hair color matrix picture she sent me this mail.
--------------------------------------
From: "Jeela Juran" Sent: Thursday, March 12, 2009 8:32 PM
To: "Yeti" <yeti.voom@live.se>
Subject: Boingo Hood Hair color selector poster
Yeti,
This sign will go next to the hood vendors to show people all the hair colors and get them excited.
I followed your directions and changed the face shape and skins and eyes on each one.
--------------------------------------------------
It's great Jeela!!!I love this pic!!

Puss Yeti
--------------------------------------------------

And as no surprise I think the men can wear this too. And do you remember the little something Jeela asked me to wait for? See the collar? Mmm… Yeti like!!











This is the text from the notecard that follows when you buy a hood.
You are now the proud owner of a BOINGO Scripted Hood! How cool is that!

There are a number of features built into this hood and they are easy to access.

CLICK ONCE on the HOOD to access the MENU.

YOU have 2 options:

APPEARANCE & SIZE

APPEARANCE allows you to choose the hair texture you desire. There are 12 choices. Try them all till you find the one you like.

SIZE allows you to resize the HOOD without having to EDIT. Using these buttons keeps the HOOD centered on your head.

The Hood also has been designed to cast a soft shadow over the upper part of the face to look more realistic.

The SHOULDER DRAPE comes in 2 styles: Hood Down, & FULL. The Hood Down style looks like the hood is pulled back behind you. The FULL style is a drape that wraps all around your shoulders giving the hood a nice base.

ENJOY this exciting BOINGO accessory. And please let us know what you think!

Send notecards to Yeti Voom or Jeela Juran!

Big Love to you!
Yeti and Jeela

CREDITS:
Design: Jeela Juran & Yeti Voom
Sculpting: Jandersunstar Vendetta
Hair : Kallisti Burns













































































































// Yeti, singing... LORD, HERE COMES THE HOOD...

No comments: