Friday, April 10, 2009

LEATHER TOPS by Yeti Voom

I don’t know what came first. Was it the egg or was it the hen? In this case the shrug-style jacket or the bra. I have a vague memory of Jeela making a black studded bra a long time ago and I have it in my inventory in the Boingo folder so it must be a creation of Jeela. But... did I also see her making a jacket this style too? I really can’t remember. What I do remember is her making this sculpted collar and almost going nuts over all the details not going in the right spot when the texture is added to the collar in SL.

Jeela usually sends me the raw sketches of everything she makes and we talk about the details and stuff. She always has a clear vision of what she wants to create and I can hang along and enjoy. Of ‘cos we listen to each others advice and the result are always to our satisfaction.

This time we thought of something to go along with the pants. You can’t wear the apron all the time although it’s cool. What would women want to go with it? Maybe some tiny silk blouse to create a fashionable contrast between the rough leather and a sheer fabric? Or a huge woolen sweater in autumn colors? Jeela said… “Give me a few hours and I’ll get to it.” After two hours she called me… “Yeti Voom, see the new Boingo burnt jacket and studded bra!” COOL! We looked at our avatars and turned and looked again and discussed if it needed something more. Jeela made all the studs in steel and I thought they would look better with the midnight leather stuff so she went off into Photoshop making them look like bronze while I was singing Swedish kindergarten songs to give her some inspiration. I mean, I know how much she likes the Caramel song so… Next time I will use my H2Zoom to record and podcast so you all can enjoy.
This jacket comes in all layers and the bra also. You can attach the collar on both spine and chest if you want to wear some necklace or other stuff. If you buy this or already have… don’t forget to look at the details. The studs, the buckle and the strings in the back but most important… Jeela never let a thing off her drawing tablet before the seams on all clothes matches. I’d love to show you some day if it was possible how much energy and love she puts into this work so all of you will look fabulicious!







While I was shooting the picks for this blog I was thinking about a jacket for men in this leather style. We often hear and we also experience the lack of men’s wear and Jeela and I always talk about how to improve this at Boingo. So I simply put on the Oden shape and the Boingo skin for men (no its not in the store yet) and tried on the jacket along with the pants and the white drowned t-shirt. I think it looks great and I know some men bought it already so why not try it? Jace, Zac, Lasse, Saren, Sev, Arn and Andy and the rest of you guys in the Boingo group, IM me and tell me what you would like to see and we will give it a try.





So to answer my own question… I still have no clue about the egg and the hen but who cares? Have a nice Easter!!!

//Yeti, the hen in the Easter parade…

No comments: